We cooked Chicken Teriyaki in three different ways to last us three meals (please see our previous posts for the basic Chicken Teriyaki recipe and Onigiri recipe).
For meal no.3, we used it to make Taiwanese scallion pancake!
We used the amazing instant roti (bread) from Kawan Food (not sponsored) to make this delicious Taiwanese snack.
In fact, Taiwanese scallion pancake with instant roti is one of our favourite snacks to make ‘coz it’s so easy and delicious. Check out our original Taiwanese scallion pancake recipe here.
This dish is super easy to make in under 20 mins! All we need to do is cook the roti paratha, add the scrambled eggs with scallion, and finally fold it with the chicken filling.
While we used leftover chicken for this dish, we made a fresh batch of teriyaki sauce to re-coat the chicken and add to the roti. This step is important as it moistens the bread and adds so much flavour!
This dish is perfect for breakfast or as a pick-me-up snack. Crispy roti, soft scrambled eggs and savoury-sweetness from the chicken teriyaki. Yums!
Find our original Taiwanese scallion pancake recipe here. Also, check out our Instagram post here for more videos and pictures.
Taiwanese Chicken Teriyaki Scallion Pancake 葱油饼 [Recipe Pt. 3]Course: Snacks, BreakfastCuisine: Chinese, JapaneseDifficulty: Easy
Easy Taiwanese scallion chicken teriyaki pancake with frozen roti.
1 ready-made frozen roti paratha
1 stalk of scallion, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
pinch of salt and white pepper
1 tsp sesame oil
50g of chicken teriyaki pieces (see our Chicken Teriyaki recipe here)
- Teriyaki sauce
2 tbsp mirin
2 tbsp sake
2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
2 tsp of sugar
- Mix ingredients of teriyaki sauce in a small bowl. Add to the saucepan over low heat and slowly stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add chicken pieces into the saucepan to coat chicken with teriyaki sauce. Remove the pan when sauce reduces and chicken is coated. Set aside.
- Beat two eggs in a bowl. Add salt, pepper, sesame oil and chopped scallion. Mix well.
- Heat up the pan and cook roti paratha as per the packet’s instruction. Remove when it is ready, and fluff the roti.
- Heat up cooking oil in a pan. Add eggs and spread it evenly. When eggs are cooked on the underside with the top still runny, flip it over.
- Place the roti paratha on top of the egg. Flip back so the roti paratha is at the bottom. Turn off heat so the roti won’t be burnt.
- Place some chicken bites and sauce on top. Add mayo if you like. Fold into one-thirds and serve warm.