We just love this simple recipe from Vincenzo’s Plate – spaghetti lusciously coated with white-wine sauce infused with clam and garlic flavours.
It’s so easy to cook too! It took us less than 30 minutes to whip up this delicious meal.
We used low-calorie pasta for this (and we didn’t have parsley) but flavours were on point! Slow-cooking the clams is a must to coat each pasta strand perfectly.
Trust an Italian for a delicious plate of pasta!
Check out our Instagram post here for more pictures and step-by-step process.
Spaghetti Alle Vongole [Recipe]Course: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
Easy Spaghetti Alle Vongole recipe by Vincenzo’s Plate.
glass of white wine
2-3 garlic cloves, whole
extra virgin olive oil
pinch of salt
sprinkle of pepper
fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Boil water of pot of water in preparation to cook pasta.
- Heat up pan over medium high heat and add generous amount of olive oil. When the oil is warm, add the garlic cloves.
- When the garlic cloves are brown, remove them and set aside.
- Add clams into pan. After 15-20 seconds, add the white wine and let it simmer. Add a pinch of salt until clams open.
- When clams have opened, start cooking pasta in the pot of water as per packet’s instructions -with one minute less as pasta will continue to cook with the clams.
- Once pasta is cooked, strain and add into the pan. Mix well with clams and sauce.
- Once they are mixed well, sprinkle with chopped parsley and pepper. Serve!