Here’s a perfect pasta dish to cook on busy days. It’s super quick, and uses ingredients that you’ll likely have in the pantry.
We start off by frying the smoked bacon. We will then use the residual fats to cook our prawns, which absorb the lovely flavours of the bacon. After that, we cook the garlic, onion, and tomato – before tossing in the linguine, prawns and bacon.
We then throw in some coriander to brighten up the dish, and some chilli flakes.
Option: add a splash of white wine for a bit more zest and moisture.
It’s so simple but so good! The linguine really soaks up the smoky flavours of the bacon, with natural sweetness coming from the prawns.
Tomatoes contribute acidity, with a bit of heat from the chilli flakes (or you can have it with chilli oil on the side, which we did!).
Apart from linguine, we believe that spaghetti and fettuccine also work well for this dish. For those who can’t take pork, feel free to omit the bacon (or use turkey bacon).
Check out our Reel below!
Key steps in pictures
Bacon Prawn Linguine [Recipe]Course: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
Super-easy and delicious linguine cooked with succulent prawns and bacon bits.
150g smoked bacon strips
12-18 prawns, peeled
1 medium onion, diced
1 bulb garlic, finely chopped
1 large tomato, diced
2 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 bunch of coriander leaves
2 tbsp white wine (optional)
chilli flakes (for garnish)
- Cook pasta as per the packet’s instructions. Add some salt to the water. Drain pasta when done but retain some of the pasta water.
- Cook bacon until brown and crispy in a pan over medium heat. Remove and cut bacon into small bits.
- In the same pan, cook the prawns with the remaining bacon oil. Remove prawns when done.
- Using the leftover oil in the pan, sauté the garlic and onion until fragrant. Add olive oil if needed. Then add tomatoes.
- Add the pasta to the pan and mix well. Toss in the bacon and prawns. Then add the pasta water.
- You may add some white wine to give a bit of moisture and acidity to the dish.
- Season with salt and pepper. Finally, add the coriander leaves.
- Serve and garnish with more salt, pepper and chilli flakes.