Waffles but make it savoury!
Remember our banana blueberry waffles we posted a few days ago?
We also made savoury waffles using ready-made frozen waffles.
This is super simple and delicious! Max actually prefers savoury waffles and would pick this over the blueberry one. However, Ming and our mom do love both equally (Good answer, mom! No favourite child. Lol)
It’s super simple!
1. Toast waffles with butter.
2. Fry sunny-side-up eggs, with some salt and pepper.
3. Place eggs on waffles, and finish with more salt and pepper, and leaves. Enjoy!
This is so good! We just love breaking the egg yolk to soak the waffles.
The simple addition of thyme leaves and coriander leaves really embellish the dish!
Which do you prefer – sweet or savoury waffles?
Follow us on Instagram
Check out our Instagram Reel below. Follow us there for the latest recipes and food review.
Easy sunny-side up waffles [Recipe]Course: BreakfastCuisine: Breakfast, Snack, WesternDifficulty: Easy
Easy sunny-side up waffles recipe.
4 ready-made waffles
a knob of butter
1 tsp olive oil
dried thyme leaves
- Lightly brush waffles with some water, and place a knob of butter on each waffle. Heat up waffles in a toaster oven until brown.
- Remove waffled and place on serving plate.
- In a pan, heat up olive oil and fry eggs until sunny-side-up (cooked whites with the yolk still runny). You may season eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper at this point.
- Remove and place an egg on each waffle.
- Season each egg with a pinch of salt, pepper, and dried thyme leaves.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves.
- Break the egg yolks to soak the waffles before eating. Enjoy!