[Pork-free] Cafe Kow Po is an establishment in Bentong.
According to my good friend, her 76-year old dad has been eating ice-cream here since he was a kid!
The uncle was all smiles (he must be over 80) when he greeted us at the shop.
Next to counter is a wall of famous patrons who dropped by – we spotted ex-BNM governor Muhammad Ibrahim (Sammo Hung look-alike) and the late Tun Ghafar Baba.
We loved the old-school charms of the cafe – with quaint mosaic tiles, marble tables and Mickey Mouse signboard.
Anyways, they serve all types of home-made ice-cream flavours – from staples such as chocolate, vanilla to local flavours such as durian, pandan, peanut butter and coconut.
We opted for the Banana Ice-Cream served with Air Batu Campur (RM4). If you like bananas – you’ll like the ice-cream as it was full-on bananas. It was like eating frozen bananas.
They also serve yong tau foo and nasi lemak and other delicacies. You’ll find families of all races here. It can get packed on weekends, so must strategies.
More in Bentong (archives):
* Famous tau foo fa and tofu puffs at Tauhu Auntie Mok
* Cool off with ABC at T.A.K Ice Cream Corner (see post here)
* Ah Chong chee cheong fun stall at intersection of Jalan Wayang and Jalan Chui Yin (see post here)
* Locally-grown coffee in Janda Baik (see post here)
* Delicious seafood in Bukit Tinggi (see post here)
* Have a splash at the Chamang waterfall